Precision Service Rifle Match.
We’d like to invite you to our 10th PSR match and first for us for 2018. The match will be held at the Hornsby Range on Sunday 29th April 2018. This match is, we hope, a great mixture of various supported and unsupported positions which should test your skills and the mid range format will hopefully prove not too daunting for the new shooters- of which we hope to have many.
As ever, pre-registering for this match isn’t compulsory however if you intend on shooting, please let us know, so that we can ensure you a spot and it also helps us with logistics for numbers of targets required and also catering.
If you would like to make a weekend of it, our clubhouse and range facilities will be available for camping on the Saturday night prior to the match but you must let us know before hand.
Please send any questions our way but a few notes to keep in mind:
- Shooters must hold a valid shooters license and will be required to present this to organisers at registration
- Shooters must have Target on their license as a genuine reason
- Hornsby Range has a strict 8mm limit so please leave your .338’s at home
- There will be NO sighting in on the day
- Bring as much equipment and as many rifles as you can carry however you must carry ALL equipment for the duration of your details
- Hornsby Range is a ‘bolts out’ range so please remove your bolts from your rifles prior to removing them from your vehicles
- shooters will be required to help in the target gallery when not shooting.
Please note that it is a requirement for all shooters to have Target on their licence- this is a requirement of the NSW Firearms Registry.
We are getting a great following with our Facebook Page- Australian Precision Service Rifle. You will find information on matches including results as well as hopefully useful information about equipment etc
As ever, we will be accepting entries on the day however if you intend to come please let us know as it helps us to ensure we have enough helpers, targets and catering.
NOTES TO COMPETITORS
- Points earned at this shoot will go towards the overall PRS style rankings and count towards the Shooter of the Year competition
- The use of bipods, tripods, shooting sticks, back backs and slings etc please note that all equipment must be carried for the entire detail
- Entry Fee: $50 (Entry fee includes temporary membership for competitors that are not NSWRA members). Lunch is included in the entry fee. Drinks will be available for purchase for a nominal cost
- Due to NSW Firearms Registry requirements competitors must have Target endorsement on their firearms licence
- Location: Hornsby Rifle Range, Rosamond St Hornsby (behind Mt Wilga Hospital)
- Match sign in at 08.00, briefing at 08.30, first rounds down range at 09.00.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT COMPETITORS ARE REQUIRED TO MARK TARGETS AND EYE AND EAR PROTECTION MUST BE WORN WHILE IN THE TARGET GALLERY AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHILE SHOOTING
- Shooting and Safety rules as per NRAA Standard Shooting Rules for Service Rifle Shooting Chapter 16 Service Rifle Shooting.
- Please see http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SSRs-July-2013-vers-2b.pdf pages 60 to 75. Please ensure you have read these rules in particular the classes of rifle and the range commands.
- There is a strict caliber limit of no larger than 8mm for our range.
- All enquiries are to be emailed to email@example.com
- Pre entry is not mandatory but highly recommended for this match as we need to cap entries at 40. Please nominate by using the email address above.
- Camping on the range or staying in our club house can be arranged. Please advise on registration if this is your plan so that we can plan accordingly
Previous Precision Service Rifle Match video and photos.