Precision Service Rifle Match.
We’d like to invite you to our 3rd and final PSR match of the year to be held at the Hornsby Range on Sunday 29th October 2017. The format for this match will be a Fast and Furious, short to mid-range affair with lots of both supported and unsupported positions to test your abilities
We’d love to see you up at the range and would appreciate it if you could pre-register for the match by return email if you intend to shoot as it really makes organising the day much easier if we have an idea of numbers. You are also able to camp on the range or sleep in the club house on the Saturday night before the match but if you would like to do this we really do need to know you are coming so we can make arrangements.
A reminder that muzzle brakes and magazines are permitted and also that Hornsby Range has a strict calibre limit of 8mm so leave your 338LM at home for this match. We are also shooting the match in two classes this year being NATO- restricted to .223 Rem & .308 Win, and Open- everything else. We will ask you to nominate which class you are shooting in on the day. Scores will go towards deciding the overall ADJATAC PRS winners for the year.
Please note that it is a requirement for all shooters to have Target on their licence- this is a requirement of the NSW Firearms Registry.
We are getting a great following with our Facebook Page- Australian Precision Service Rifle. You will find information on matches including results as well as hopefully useful information about equipment etc
Last but not least, we’d like to thank our sponsors, particularly Jason at ADJATAC who is providing a HENSOLDT scope to be given away at the end of the year, Projectile Warehouse who have given us some gift vouchers and Huntsman Firearms for providing the medals which we will be giving away. PLEASE support these companies as their generous support is helping to take these matches from strength to strength.
As ever, we will be accepting entries on the day however if you intend to come please let us know as it helps us to ensure we have enough helpers, targets and catering.
NOTES TO COMPETITORS
- Points earned at this shoot will go towards the overall PRS style rankings and count towards the Shooter of the Year competition
- The use of bipods, tripods, shooting sticks, back backs and slings etc as well as multiple rifles is allowed but please note that all equipment must be carried for the entire detail
- Entry Fee: $50 (Entry fee includes temporary membership for competitors that are not NSWRA members). Lunch is included in the entry fee. Drinks will be available for purchase for a nominal cost
- Due to NSW Firearms Registry requirements competitors must have Target endorsement on their firearms licence
- Location: Hornsby Rifle Range, Rosamond St Hornsby (behind Mt Wilga Hospital)
- Match sign in at 08.00, briefing at 08.30, first rounds down range at 09.00.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT COMPETITORS ARE REQUIRED TO MARK TARGETS AND EYE AND EAR PROTECTION MUST BE WORN WHILE IN THE TARGET GALLERY AND IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHILE SHOOTING
- Shooting and Safety rules as per NRAA Standard Shooting Rules for Service Rifle Shooting Chapter 16 Service Rifle Shooting.
- Please see http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/SSRs-July-2013-vers-2b.pdf pages 60 to 75. Please ensure you have read these rules in particular the classes of rifle and the range commands.
- There is a strict caliber limit of no larger than 8mm for our range.
- All enquiries are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre entry is not mandatory but highly recommended for this match as we need to cap entries at 40. Please nominate by using the email address above.
- Camping on the range or staying in our club house can be arranged. Please advise on registration if this is your plan so that we can plan accordingly
Previous Precision Service Rifle Match video and photos.